Pirates of Penzance - Easter Term
SINGER INTERVIEWS AND AUDITIONS - 10 AND 11 APRIL
Welcome to our auditions for Pirates of Penzance!
DOE is proud to present Pirates of Penzance in Durham's Assembly Rooms Theatre, on the 26th and 27th of June!
Auditions will be held online on the 10th and 11th of April, please read below for all the details.
1. Record an audition tape. Please make sure it is no longer than 3 minutes, and preferably in the style of G&S. For some general tips and tricks scroll further down this page.
2. Fill out this form and include a link to your audition tape:
3. Sign up for an audition slot:
4. On the date you've chosen, you will receive a zoom-link to meet with the prod team. This will include a range test and an informal chat.
5. Well done for reaching the end of the instructions - we look forward to hearing and seeing you!
--Auditions are open to any student at Durham University--
If you can't make the above dates, please send an email to our president Hamish Garland (email@example.com) and we will try to arrange an alternative.
We look forward to seeing you!
Durham Opera Ensemble
TIPS AND TRICKS
We know that online auditions can be anxiety-inducing, so here are a couple of tips on how to get a good recording. Good Luck!
No need for fancy gear, a mobile camera is perfect.
Record in landscape mode, it makes for a better fit when you upload it later.
Try to have a plain background if you can.
Don't stand too close to the wall behind you, and not too close to the camera.
Don't stand with your back to a window, we want to be able to see your lovely face.
Try to have a light source in front of you, not behind or above.
If you have a backtrack you can use it, but a capella is totally fine.
Don't worry too much about it being perfect, we just want to know what you sound like and where we could cast you this autumn.
Sing your heart out - remember why you audition: singing is something you enjoy and love!